What is WellCare Health Plan?
Based in Tampa, Florida, Well Care Health Plans Inc. (also simply known as WellCare Health Plan) was established in 1985 with the aim of providing Medicaid managed care and Medicare to all people. It is a holding company for several subsidiaries including Harmony, Wellcare Health Plan, HealthEase, and Staywell. It has over 3.9 million members countrywide, over 9,100 partners, and 6,000 associates. The company also has many regional offices in Miami, Manhattan, Florida, Baton Rouge, Connecticut, New York, Chicago, Illinois, Texas, Houston, Georgia, Louisiana, and Marietta.
WellCare Health Plan is just one of the many different insurances Medico MD accepts. Please continue reading to see how WellCare could benefit you!
The Major Benefits of Joining a WellCare Health Plan
Well Care Health Plan has several benefits, but here are the major ones:
- 24-hour nurse services answering all your questions on phone
- Free OTC medicines
- Family planning services
- Access to an extensive network of physicians, pediatricians, and internists
- Unlimited outpatient services
- Emergency room services, Lab services, and radiology
- Behavioral health care and substance abuse
A Wellcare Health Plan is dedicated to providing medical services to three of the government sponsored health care plans. These healthcare plans are as follows:
- Medicare Advantage
- Medicare Prescription Drugs
To enjoy the above services, you have to be a member of a WellCare Health Plan. These plans are available to citizens above 65 years of age. Government plans are also available to citizens who have special needs, but are below 65 years of age. It is important to note that Medicare plans have four parts. Here are they are.
- Medicare Part A and B (the original plan) – caters for limited coverage for inpatients such as hospice benefits, hospital stays, and home and healthcare benefits.
- Medicare Part C (Medicare Advantage) – offers similar services as Part A and B but provided by private companies approved by Medicare. It may also cover Part D services.
- Medicare Part D (drug prescription) – this is an optional coverage offered by private companies, and it ensures that all Medicare beneficiaries have access to free coverage of different prescription drugs.
Dental and Vision Coverage
WellCare also offers dental & vision benefits to all it members. When it comes to vision benefits, Super Vision offers you free prescription eyeglasses. Additionally, if you are a Healthy Choice member, you receive dental services through Healthplex. It is important to note that if you are in Upstate New York, you can only receive dental services if you have Medicare card. Moreover, you can only use it if the dentist you see accepts the card.
If you’re looking for a medicare dentist near me, Medico M.D. may have open clinics in your area. Please check our website to to see all of our locations.
WellCare Advocate Plan
If you have a Medicare plan and you want to receive long-term health care plans, then you might consider applying for the WellCare Advocate Plan. This plan provides you with home and personal care that covers day-to-day activities. To apply for this plan, you must have attained 18 years. Additionally, you must have a Medicare Plan or be eligible for one.
For at least 120 days from the day you join this plan, you can have access to have one or more of the following services.
- Home rehabilitation therapies
- Adult day care health
- Home nursing services
- Personal care services at home
- Private nursing services
- Home health aide services at home
- Consumer-directed personal assistant services
Joining a WellCare Advocate Plan offers you numerous benefits. Here are some of them:
- Meals and nutrition
- Coverage information
- Home nursing day care
- Therapy equipment and services
- Dental, vision, and hearing services among many others
To learn more about what it would take to get you and your family on one of the a Wellcare Health Plans, or contact us via www.medicomdtx.com please see the video below.
Does Medico MD Accept Other Types of Insurance?
WellCare Health Plan is just one of the types of insurances that Medico MD accepts. Medico MD also accepts the following:
- United Healthcare – has plans for both individuals and families, dental plans, short term health insurance, Medicare Plans, Medicaid Plans, and more.
- Humana Health Insurance – has Medicare Advantage Plans, Medicare Prescription Drug Plans, Medicare Supplement Insurance Plans, stand-alone dental coverage, and more
- Cigna Healthcare – has individual and family plans, dental plans, Cigna Medicare, and more
To view our full list of Private insurance plans that we work with, please click here.
We also offer many promotions to help make your trip to Medico MD even more affordable. Please click here to see what we’re currently offering!