Allergy Testing in Texas
Don’t let allergies bring you down
Are you suffering from chronic allergies? Are the problems persistent? Or do you suffer from flare-ups? Allergies are one of the top causes of chronic illness in the U.S. Allergic reactions vary by person, allergen type, and severity, so it can be a very tricky and confusing aspect of your health. If you are suffering from persistent allergy symptoms that don’t seem to clear up, call the offices of Medico M.D. today!
We offer several unique allergy tests that can accurately pinpoint what you are allergic to and provide remedies so you can get back to living your best life.
How do I know if I need to take an allergy test?
Typically, at-home allergy tests aren’t very effective at pinpointing the causes of your allergies. Such tests are more effective when administered by doctors. Before you schedule your visit, ask yourself the following questions:
- How often do your allergies bother you?
- Does over-the-counter medication relieve all of your symptoms?
- Do your allergies still bother you, even though you avoid the suspected allergens?
If your allergies are frequent and can be alleviated with over-the-counter medication, chances are you are susceptible to some kind of allergen, and having a test can be beneficial. Additionally, if you find yourself having an allergic reaction, even though you are avoiding the potential allergen, it could be something else in your environment, in which case we also recommend a test.
Don’t test if you’ve had the following:
- A life-threatening allergic reaction. If you are in immediate danger dial 9-1-1.
- If you are taking medications that can interfere with the test
- Or have severe eczema or psoriasis
If you are suffering from a persistent allergy, call our offices immediately at 1-844-9MEDICO.